Friday, July 11, 2008
The Best Wife Ever
Last night I had to work at Bfish. After working all week long and then working 2 nights in a row I was a bit tired. It was all worth it toward the end of the shift. My hubby is a huge sports nut. When he was little he collected baseball cards and has them all still. Well, my manager came running to the back of the restaurant like her pants were on fire and I thought maybe there was someone hurt, she saw a mouse, what could make her do that. Well, let me tell you......Cal Ripken Jr. was in for dinner. Apparently she is a huge fan, she has a vanity plate with his name on it for her car. I called hubby and told him, but there was no way he could make it up there unless he got the boys out of bed, or just left them there alone (not a great idea). He asked me to get his autograph for him. Really, an autograph. Well, everyone was coming up to him and talking to him and taking pictures (how random to carry your camera with you) and I felt really bad for him. I waited until he was done eating dinner and was relaxing and I asked him for it, and was very polite. Of course a bit goofy as tend to get in either uncomfortable or embarassing situations. I got a personalized autograph for him, we compared the color of our blue eyes, and talked about our kids. He has got to be one of the nicest, down to earth people I have ever met. Oh, and very, very tall. Granted, everyone is tall compared to me, but he was REALLY tall. Jeff is loving his autograph and is going to frame. Now, I wonder if he would do the same for me if he ran into Daughtry.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment