We went to Pennsylvania for the 4th of July. We left on Wednesday, after work. We got in around 9:30pm. Just in time for the boys to go to bed, but of course that wasn't the case. The kids were too excited to see their cousins. Ben is 7, Emily (the cutest, sweetest thing ever) is 5, and Paul (Paulie, Paulie Boy) is 3 only 2 months older than Bailor. We love going up there, we so want to move up there but until the housing market turns around that isn't going to happen anytime soon. Luckily Bailor and Paulie got along as well as could be expected. They had a few moments of wanting the same toy but worked through it. There wasn't really any physical fights between them, phew!!
Thursday was a day of golf for the men and Michele and I ventured out with all 5 kids to the market for fresh veggies, meats and other yummies. To kill some time we went to the movies and saw Wall-E, so cute! The men went out to eat after golf so we got home before them.
Friday, was the 4th and we grilled out fresh shrimp, scallops, talapia, and crabs. With sweet fresh picked corn. It wa so yummy and healthy. We set off our own fireworks in the street and all of the neighborhood kids came over to watch. It rained a little but not enough to call it a night. After ours were done the neighbors the street over set some off so we got to enjoy those as well.
Saturday was the girls day out. Michele and I got to do some serious shopping. We went to Ollie's the greatest (dirtiest) discount store ever. Then to the Christmas Tree Shoppe (another great discount store), lunch (with drinks of course), more shopping, and finally we thought we should head home around 5. The guys managed to keep all 5 kids alive and the little ones even got naps (impressive). For dinner we had grilled ribeye, filets, and leftover seafood. So yummy. We were very spoiled while we were there.
Sunday, we allowed the guys to go golfing again. The left at 6:30am so we knew they wouldn't be too late. Michele and I just hung out and cleaned up. When the guys got home we went out to do a little bit of shopping for some Wii games that we heard were on sale. I controlled myself and did not purchase the Rock Band that was on sale, even though I really want to get it for Ashton for Christmas. I had been naughty enough. We headed home around 2:30 and the boys slept most of the way. I hated leaving, the time always goes so quickly.
When I got home I unpacked everything (usually it takes me at least a week to do that) and then proceeded to go on a cleaning frenzy. Not sure what that was all about. It's done now and I don't have to worry about it.
Oh, I discovered that I am officially a sheet snob. Yep, I bought me some new sheets and actually looked at the thread count and bought them for that reason and I will never look back sheets with fewer than 620 thread count. I didn't know they made such a difference but they do.
Chow, I will try to be better at updating more often.
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment