We made it there and back alive!!! Where do I begin. Let me start by saying that from the time I woke up on Wednesday (May 7th) at 6:00am until the time I was at my own home on Sunday (May11th) at 9:00am I slept maybe 12 hours and that was with the 4 hours on the flight home. My stay in Vegas was like one really, really, really long day.
The party began at Sandy's house on Wednesday night. I had it in my mind I was going to bed early to prepare myself. Well, I went to bed at 10:00pm, we had to get up at 4:00am. I had just fallen asleep and my sister comes into the room I am sleeping in searching for her toothbrush, did I mention she had at least 7 beers at this point. She couldn't find her toothbrush but looked in every knook and cranny of her suitcase at least 5 times and rattled every bag in her suitcase at least a dozen times. I asked her in as calm a voice as possible what she was doing and she started giggling and told me. Okay, now I need to try to go back to sleep. Sleep is coming on and I hear stumbling and falling outside my window, Sandy apparently missed the bottom step and tripped down to the bottom. Giggling and choice words follow. I guess I won't be getting much sleep.
Thursday morning, 4:00am, I wake to the really loud alarm clock by my bed and Sandy shouting downstairs "Rise and Shine". This should have been a signal of things to come. Okay, up showered and ready to go, just waiting for the shuttle. Shuttle comes and off to the airport we go, very uneventful. We arrive in Vegas around 11:00am, Vegas time. We find our luggage and go to wait in the "Taxi line", not kidding, this is a really long line for all those coming in. Surprisingly it goes by quickly and we are on our way. We get to our hotel and we are upgraded to a room with a view of the grounds, instead of the parking lot, but we can't go to it yet, so we grab some lunch. Once we get to our room we change into our swimsuits and head on down to the "Adult Pool", I am on vacation, nothing personal, but I don't want to be around kids. Well, as most of you know, I am the whitest girl you will ever meet, so I have my SPF 1 million on (no really only SPF15) and Karin is in charge of making me flip over and not get burnt. While they work on a few buckets of beer I am drinking my football drink of something Gilligan. I am sent inside after about 2 hours and I take a shower and sneak in a nap. Sandy and Karin come up around 5:30 and get ready for the big night on the town. I don't think I mentioned that Thursday was Karin's actual 40th birthday. Off we go, first stop the Excalibur, pretty cool. We stop at Dick's Last Resort where the servers are rude and obnoxious and Karin got a taste of that, and for those of you who know my sister, she about gave it right back until she realized where we were. I look over and see that they have a Fat Tuesday's, and I have a weakness for Slurpee's with liquor in them. Karin and I purchase our 32oz mugs of frozen goodness while Sandy sticks to beer. At the Excalibur, Sandy introduces me to Black Jack and it is quite fun. It is Karin's night and this is not what she wants to do so off we go. Next stop New York, New York. Where we find Coyote Ugly. We head on in and didn't leave for many hours. Karin danced on the bar, and was the hottest 40 year old ever. Sandy felt the need to let everyone who would listen know she was 40 and it was her birthday. While up on stage they pour shots into your mouth, and we ran out of our frozen yumminess so we were drinking shots, beer and jello shots. Time to leave, guy is really annoying us and Karin is a little tipsy and I have to find a potty. Running down the stairs (come to find out we would be doing a lot of this) I just about fall and Karin is on the escalator laughing. We are all pretty much gone at this point, good thing we aren't driving, but we do have to find our way back to the hotel. Before leaving we had to get our massive mugs filled. Off we go, good think I paid attention to where we were staying or we would have ended up someplace else. We decide that we are hungry and head over to Hooters, where they have .25 cent wings from midnight to 6:00am (who eats wings at 6:00am?). The walk over was entertaining, as I mentioned before lots of stairs, the escalators were never working in the direction we needed them. Karin is walking drunk and we have to keep her on track. Finally we get to Hooters (did I mention I have been dieting up until this point). Sandy sees on the menu 50 wings for $12.50, what a deal and we must have them and there was no talking her out of it. I feel we need 2 orders of fries, and Sandy would also like the $9.95 order of spinach dip (this is a massive size). 3 ladies all of this food, are you kidding me!!! What were we thinking? I think we each ate 5 wings, a few fries and a few bites of dip. Karin wants to go back to the room because she is passing out at the table and doesn't realize that we are not in our hotel. It took some convincing but she stayed until we got the bill. We got our food to go and went back to the hotel to discover we had no refrigerator. Into the tub with the food, with lots of ice. This is okay until the morning when we need showers. It was all good, they brought us a fridge.
Friday, we were woken by Sandy saying "Rise and Shine" and flinging the curtains open at 8:30am. Are you kidding me, does she not realize what time it is and what we did last night. Well after fighting it as much as possible we got up. We spent the afternoon walking up and down the strip which was lots of fun. Nothing overly exciting. We went back to the hotel and back down to the pool. Around 5ish we headed back up for showers and a night out on the town. First stop, Frozen Yummy goodness to get us going!! We then went to the Bellagio to see the water and light show, AWESOME!!! Then back to the hotel where we played black jack for the next 10 hours, that's right 10 hours. After playing the long and not realizing what time it was it was okay to have a white russian for breakfast.
Saturday was nothing overly exciting, and very sad because it was time to go. I can't wait to go back.
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment